The following articles, documents, study guides, work sheets, correspondence courses, and slides are provided in addition to the articles and audio found elsewhere on this site. You may need a Microsoft Word Viewer to use the Microsoft Word documents, if you do not already have Microsoft Office or an alternative office suite already installed.
Bible Fliers and Tracts
- An Ancient Problem - Considers the differing sources of instruction in the religious world today and examines the Bible solution for the same problem in times past.
- Why Should I Care? - Addresses the motivation and reasons for caring about God, His will for us, and becoming a Christian.
- What Must I Do to Be Saved? - Investigates the Bible pattern for one becoming a Christian.
- Expect A Miracle - Tells of the proper way to approach the scriptures.
Bible Study Work Sheets and Correspondence Course
- God's Standard for the Church and our Lives - First in a series that explores the reasons and remedies for religious division. (MS Word 2000)
- God's Plan for Unity - Building upon first lesson, examines God's desire for unity and suggests Bible solutions for achieving unity. (MS Word 2000)
- "Do All Things According to the Pattern" - Concluding our three-part series, examines the dangers and consequences of not doing all things according to the pattern. (MS Word 2000)
- God's Sovereignty and Man's Free Will - First lesson in Calvinism series. Examines the foundation of Calvinism, God's sovereignty and the consequential predestination of all men's fates. (MS Word 2000)
- The Innocence and Depravity of Man - Second lesson discussing the doctrines of Calvinism. Proposes that each man is born innocent, free of the depravity and guilt of his ancestors sins, including Adam. (MS Word 2000)
- The Work of the Holy Spirit - Third lesson discussing the doctrines of Calvinism. Explores Scriptures concerning the role of grace and the Holy Spirit in salvation. (MS Word 2000)
- Basic Principles of Salvation - Examines fundamental principles that support God's plan of salvation.
- The Examples and Pattern of Conversion - A worksheet that highlights the pattern of conversion as exemplified in the book of Acts, providing a standard for us today.
- Baptism and Salvation - Seventh Lesson in series, and second lesson concerning salvation. Discusses the role of baptism in salvation.
- The Work and Responsibilities of the Church - Introduces a three part study about the church. This first lesson examines the mission and nature of the church's work.
- The Leaders of the Church - Who are the leaders of the church? Some churches have a board of deacons, while others answer to a synod, convention, or association. Examines Bible passages that outline the offices and responsibilities of the church.
- The Organization of the Church - Focuses on the organization of the church. Questions concerning how the church is to carry out its divine missions are examined.
- The Sermon on the Mount: Matthew 5:1-26 - Introduces a new lesson series that explores the greatest sermon ever preached - great because it was delivered by the greatest teacher who ever walked this earth. This lesson begins a study into application of this lesson to our daily lives.
- The Sermon on the Mount: Matthew 5:27 - 6:4 - Second Part in Four Part Series.
- The Sermon on the Mount: Matthew 6:5 - 6:34 - Third Part in Four Part Series.
- The Sermon on the Mount: Matthew 7:1 - 7:29 - Fourth Part in Four Part Series
“Convicting Those Who Contradict”
One of the qualifications of New Testament elders and overseers is that they “must be ... holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict” (Titus 1:5-9). Although specified as a qualification for elders, all saints are expected to apply “diligence” and grow in “knowledge of the Son of God”, so that we “should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting” (II Peter 1:2-9; Ephesians 4:11-16; Hebrews 5:12-14). For the sakes of avoiding our personal “destruction” by means of “twisting Scriptures” because of being “untaught and unstable”, and being “ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you”, and “endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace ... till we all come to the unity of the faith”, and glorifying God by “casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”, these series of classes were prepared and offered (II Peter 3:16-18; I Peter 3:15; Ephesians 4:1-13; II Corinthians 10:3-5).
- “Convicting Those Who Contradict” - Introduction and questions delivered to students in advance of class so that they might better prepare themselves.
- Introduction to Careful Bible Study - Introduction to series and topics of careful Bible study and critical, logical thinking.
- Catholicism and the Pope - Brief overview of Catholicism and the errors associated with the Pope and the Catholic Church’s hierarchy.
- Calvinism - Detailed examination of the doctrines of Calvinism with answers to frequently raised arguments in support of it.
- Denominationalism and Instrumental Music - Introduction to the philosophy of “Denominationalism” and answers to common arguments and questions in support of instrumental music in worship to God.
- Sabbath Keepers - Detailed examination and response to arguments in favor of Sabbath Observance (Brad Collins).
- Modern Miracles and Revelation - Overview of some of the errors associated with supposed modern-day miracle working and Holy Spirit leading, revelation, and inspiration.
- Mormonism's Man-God Doctrine - Detailed examination of the error of Mormonism as observable through the doctrine of man becoming God (Greg Steele).
Bible Lesson Books and Topical Studies
- Review of J.D. Thomas's We Be Brethren - by Roy Cogdil - Updated version from Bennie John's Web-Page. Document is in Word97 format, has been reformatted to two columns, and several OCR errors removed. Still needs some editing. (ZIP - 0.855 MB)
- Psalms - 13 lessons prepared for a survey of the book of Psalms. Material covers 13 selected Psalms and includes an overview, outline, and questions for each Psalm. Additional handouts include the text of the selected psalm, formatted with extra space for notes. Prepared by Kristin Brewer. (ZIP - 0.075 MB)
- Ecclesiastes - A 6 lesson overview of the book of Ecclesiastes. Could easily be expanded to 13 lessons by spending two meetings per lesson.
- Daniel 11 - The last chapter of Daniel consists of the longest fulfilled prophecy in the Old Testament. This document outlines the last chapter, correlating the verses to the actual events of history that fulfilled this prophecy, which climaxed in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Prepared by Bob Simpson. (MS Word 2000 - 70 KB)
- Zechariah - A four lesson overview of the book of Zechariah, although each lesson could easily be expanded to 2 or 3 lessons. Power point slides: Lesson 1, Lesson 2, Lesson 3, and Lesson 4.
- I Corinthians - Lesson book covering I Corinthians in detail [Document (MS Word)] [Document (PDF)]
- II Corinthians - Lesson book and PowerPoint slides covering I Corinthians in detail [Presentation] [Document (MS Word)] [Document (PDF)]
- I-II Thessalonians and Philippians - Thirteen lesson overview of the New Testament epistles: I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, and Philippians.
- I-II Timothy and Titus - Thirteen lesson overview of the New Testament epistles: I Timothy, Titus, and II Timothy.
- I-3 John and Jude - Eight lesson deep dive into the New Testament epistles of I John, II John, III John, and Jude. Requires thirteen to twenty-six classes for adequate coverage.
Sermon Slides and Outlines
- Unconditional Election - Romans 9 - Examining Romans 9 as used by Calvinists and answering their arguments for Unconditional Election.
- Where Have I Ever Spoken a Word? - Introduction to the topic of Bible silence.
- Answering Questions Regarding the Old and New Covenants - A short "cheat-sheet" on the differences and duration of the Old and New Covenants.
- By Any Means - A study of what we should be willing to do to be saved.
- Emotion's Place - An overview of emotions and the place they serve in the Christian's mind and life.
- Feed My Sheep - A persuasive effort to encourage Christians to be more evangelistic.
- Filled With Full Knowledge - Investigation into the benefits and obligations associated with diligent Bible Study.
- Overcoming Spiritual Discouragement - Examining the example of Elijah and learning lessons to help us maintain a spirit of optimism and determination in spite of spiritual trials and difficulties.
- Self-Esteem versus Self-Confidence - A contrast of the false basis for self-confidence versus the Scriptural basis for self-esteem and spiritual confidence.
- Today's Decisions Affecting Tomorrow - An outline and presentation persuading young adults and teenagers to begin making wise plans for the future. (For more presentations, please visit Eastside's web-site.)
- Understanding the Bible - Single-page outline to help better understand and interpret the Bible. Suitable for 1-2 class periods.
- Why "Greatly Beloved"? - Study of the reasons for Daniel's unique designation from the Lord, "greatly beloved"
- Lessons From the Waters of Meribah - A brief overview of some of the lessons we can learn from the tragedy that occurred at the waters of Meribah.
Questions and Comments can be sent to us using this form. Logo, name, and graphics are copyrighted by © insearchoftruth.org 1999, 2017. All other content is hereby released to the public domain, and therefore, may be freely copied and distributed without inquiry. However, it would be appreciated if you provided a link back to our site.
All material on this site is informational only and provided "as is" without warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind. insearchoftruth.org disclaims any and all implied warranties respecting your judgment before God. Only Jesus can stand beside you in final judgment; however, insearchoftruth.org is unqualified to guarantee His representation. Use of insearchoftruth.org is entirely at your own risk and is not a substitute for conducting your own honest Bible study and search for truth.